State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred between July 16 and Monday on the Morrisdale-Allport Highway in Morris Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole an inspection sticker from a vehicle parked at a business. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report about an incident of burglary/theft that occurred sometime between Friday and Sunday on Lynn Street in Bigler Township. During the incident, someone allegedly entered a residence and removed a lock box containing medications and jewelry. State police say they also damaged a back window to the residence. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- State police received a report about an incident of fraud in Winslow Township. According to state police, there was a counterfeit $100 bill as part of a bank deposit at the Dollar General Store in Sykesville. It’s believed the bill was received during a purchase Saturday. State police described the suspect as having poor posture and being approximately 5 feet, 6 inches tall and 160 pounds. He’s a Caucasian male and believed to be 20 to 30 years old. He was wearing a green baseball hat, striped shirt and shorts Sunday when he attempted to use another counterfeit $100 bill at the store. State police are advising Sykesville and DuBois businesses that counterfeit bills may be in circulation. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 814-371-4652.
- Police conducted a warrant service during a traffic stop for an equipment violation Tuesday on Park Avenue Extension near Lawrence Park Village. Upon making contact with the occupants, officers determined the passenger – Mallory N. Bloom – had an active warrant through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office. She was taken into custody and to county jail, where she was housed on a failure to appear warrant.
- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Sunday at the Ollie’s Bargain Outlet. As a result, officers took a female into custody and found she’d also allegedly stolen merchandise from Dollar Tree. Charges are currently pending at this time.