CLEARFIELD – The Clearfield Borough Council voted 6-2 to appoint a new face to the Clearfield Municipal Authority.
At Thursday’s meeting, council members Wade Cowder, Lewis Duttry, Heather Bozovich, Steve Harmic, Robbie Tubbs and Brian Lytle voted in favor of appointing Andy Spencer to the CMA board, while Jim Kling and Fran Selvage voted against the appointment.
At the meeting, long-time CMA board member William McCartney spoke to the council during the public comment portion of the meeting and asked to be reappointed.
However, the council made a motion to appoint Spencer instead.
Also at the meeting, the council voted to approve:
- Closing Water Street and Locust Street from Front Street to the river for Family Fun Day June 4.
- Awarding the contract for gasoline and diesel to J.J. Powell at a variable rate of $1.69 for gasoline and $1.79 for diesel.
- Appointing Leslie Stott as the delegate and Barb Shaffner as alternate delegate to the Clearfield County Tax Collection Committee.
- An incentive payment to the code enforcement officer for medical insurance reimbursement purposes.
- Advertising for vacancies on the Shade Tree Commission and the Joint Uniform Construction Code Board of Appeals.
- Closing the Fire Escrow Account for Thomas Wick and return the funds to Mr. Wick.
- Closing the Protested Tax bank account and moving the funds into the General Fund account.
- The contract for IT support for the police computer system with RAK.