CLEARFIELD – In anticipation of heavy snow that is to fall in the area Sunday night into Monday, and in preparation for any future snowfall or snow emergencies, Mason Strouse, mayor of Clearfield, would like to remind residents to:
- stay off roadways and limit travel, if possible.
- use off-street parking when available, and remove all vehicles from borough roadways for the purposes of snow removal. If you do not have your own off-street parking, please check with your neighbors and ask about parking in their driveways.
- shovel a three-foot perimeter around all fire hydrants and to maintain clear sidewalks.
- have all heat-related piping checked to ensure they are clear for safety purposes. People should also have heating supplies to remain warm.
- clear sidewalks and driveways within 12 hours of the completion of snowfall. Snow should not be shoveled onto the streets or sidewalks.
- assist neighbors and friends with clearing driveways and sidewalks, and check on neighbors that are shut-in or elderly.
- secure items, such as garbage cans, furniture and grill covers, lawn decorations, flags, etc. These items should be put inside to prevent the wind from blowing them onto streets and into vehicles or onto other people’s property.
- immediately report any down utility or electrical wires to authorities.
Strouse reminds residents that this information, as well as future announcements and information from the mayor, is available on the Clearfield Borough Web site at www.ClearfieldBoro.com and also on the Mayor Mason Strouse Facebook page and other social media accounts.