State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report of an assault Dec. 30 on Hickory Street in Coalport Borough. Upon investigation of an inactive domestic, troopers determined a 53-year-old Coalport man allegedly caused recent physical injury to the victim. He was charged accordingly through the district court.
- State police received a report of criminal mischief Jan. 10 in the area of Clearfield Street and Track Lane in Wallaceton Borough. During the incident, someone allegedly threw an unknown object at the victim’s vehicle, breaking its driver’s side window. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report of identity theft Jan. 10 on Forest Road in Cooper Township. During the incident, someone allegedly changed the victim’s mailing address to a residence in Allentown, Pa. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- State police received a report of terroristic threats Jan. 10 in Beccaria Township. During the incident, the victim alleged his father threatened to kill him, then himself, with a cable cord, and placed his hands around his (the victim’s) throat. As a result, the father was taken to the hospital on a 302 warrant and to county jail on charges of terroristic threats, simple assault and harassment.
- Police reported a drug violation occurred Jan. 8 on Lawrence Avenue, Hyde. According to police, patrol was being conducted in the area and contact was made with a vehicle occupant who held an active warrant. Upon further investigation, 32-year-old Brooke Toman of Clearfield and 32-year-old Brett Sears of Curwensville were allegedly found in possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia. Charges were filed.
- Police received a report of retail theft that occurred Oct. 1 at the Walmart Supercenter, Clearfield. Upon investigation, officers identified the suspect as 50-year-old Catherine Anderson of Clearfield and she allegedly confessed to the theft. Charges were filed.