- Police monitored vehicle speed on South Second Street during school bus drop-off times. Citations were issued to motorists in violation of the 15-miles-per-hour speed limit.
- Police and fire crews responded to a report of a suspicious odor inside a West Second Avenue residence. Fire crews determined the source to be the furnace and harmless.
- Police and fire crews responded to a fuel leak on Nichols Street. Fire crews were able to remove the fuel from the roadway.
- Police responded to a disturbance at an East Locust Street residence. The caller reported that she was in a verbal argument with another individual. Police arrived and deescalated the incident.
- Police received a report of a hit-and-run crash in the area of Bigler Avenue and East Sixth Street. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle in the area of West Sixth Avenue. Police located the vehicle and found the occupants to be okay.
- Police and fire crews responded to an automatic fire alarm at a West Front Street building. The incident was determined to be a false alarm.
- Police reported a drug violation occurred Jan. 4 in the area of the Hyde Uni-Mart. During a traffic stop, a vehicle was searched and the owner, a 44-year-old Smithmill man, was allegedly found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. Charges were filed.