State police at Clearfield
- State police reported a DUI occurred Oct. 23 in the area of Kylertown – Drifting Highway and Grassflat Avenue in Cooper Township. During a traffic stop, a 51-year-old Grassflat man was allegedly found to be driving under the influence of drugs. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- State police received a report of identity theft Oct. 16 on Old Turnpike Road in Morris Township. During the incident, someone allegedly used the victim’s information to open up an unemployment claim in her name. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- State police reported a drug violation occurred Oct. 22 in the area of Clearfield – Shawville Highway and Supercenter Drive in Lawrence Township. During a traffic stop, a male was allegedly found in possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- State police received a report of harassment Oct. 6 on Rowland Avenue in Chester Hill Borough. During the incident, a 26-year-old Houtzdale man and the victim were involved in a verbal altercation that allegedly became physical. There were no apparent injuries and the man was cited through the district court.
State police at Rockview
- State police reported a drug violation Oct. 23 on Interstate 99 north in Patton Township, Centre County. During a traffic stop, a 23-year-old Morrisdale man was allegedly found in possession of a small amount of marijuana. He was arrested, processed and released.
- State police received a report of harassment Oct. 22 on North Ninth Street in Philipsburg Borough, Centre County. As a result of a domestic, charges were filed against a 42-year-old Philipsburg man and a 46-year-old Holidaysburg woman.
- Police were notified of an incident involving a female potentially being followed by a vehicle while she was walking. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Officers assisted Lawrence Township police with pursuing a motorized bicycle that refused to stop. The male operator was taken into custody.
- Officers assisted Lawrence Township with a reported shooting in the area of SW Fourth Avenue. Officers entered the residence, took the suspect into custody and assisted with medical treatment to the victim.
- Police responded to a report of a mental health crisis in the area of Daisy Street. Police arrived and made contact with the male involved who agreed to be treated at the hospital.
- Police responded to a Leavy Avenue residence for a report of a disorientated male who was attempting to gain access to the roof. Officers located the male on the eighth-floor stairwell and he was transported to the hospital. At that time, the male was allegedly found to have a controlled substance on his person.
- Police responded to a report of a male who had intentionally broke the victim’s apartment window. Police arrived and located the male who informed police that he was paranoid about the FBI spying on him from the victim’s apartment. Police took the male into custody as a result.
- Police responded to a 911 hang-up call in the area of Turnpike Avenue. Police arrived and found there to have been a verbal confrontation. Police deescalated the parties involved.
- Police responded to a Bridge Street business for a male who was locked in. Police contacted staff who were able to return and let the male out. Police say staff had accidentally closed and locked the store while the male was still inside.
- Police conducted a vehicle stop on Krebs Avenue that reportedly resulted in the driver being found to be operating the vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
- Police responded to a residence on East Eighth Street for a psychological emergency. One male agreed to be transported to Penn Highlands Clearfield for an evaluation.
- Police assisted EMS personnel with a medical emergency at the Henry Meyers Towers.
- Police responded to an apartment complex on East Locust Street where a male was reportedly throwing a brick through his neighbor’s window. Upon arrival, police say the male began to resist arrest and was ultimately tased. The male was taken into custody and charges are pending.
- Police responded to a residence on Turnpike Avenue for a domestic dispute. Upon arrival, a male and a female were separated and stated they would go their separate ways for the evening.
- Police responded to the fairgrounds for a homeless individual sleeping on a picnic table. Upon arrival, the male informed officers that he was waiting for his girlfriend to be done working at the haunted house.
- Police located a male stumbling down the sidewalk on South Second Street. It was reportedly found that the male was intoxicated from alcohol and was provided a courtesy transport home.
- Police responded to East Locust Street for a disturbance. Upon arrival, a witness informed officers that several people were outside arguing but left prior to police arrival.
- Police located a juvenile walking around town during the early-morning hours and past curfew. The juvenile’s parents were contacted about the violation.
- Police conducted a traffic stop on Krebs Avenue and reportedly found that the male driver was manifestly under the influence of alcohol. The male was subsequently arrested for DUI.
- Police reported a drug violation occurred Oct. 24 on Old Penfield Road, Lawrence Township. During patrol, officers observed a suspicious vehicle in an area with reported drug activity. Contact was made with a 31-year-old Clearfield man and he was allegedly in possession of drug paraphernalia. Charges were filed through the district court.