State police at DuBois
- State police received a report of an assault Sunday on Bark Camp Road in Huston Township, Clearfield County. During an outdoor party, a known male juvenile allegedly assaulted the victim with brass knuckles, knocking him unconscious. While unconscious, state police say a known adult continued to strike the victim with a closed fist. The victim suffered serious injury, and was transported to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh. The juvenile also allegedly struck a female victim with an open hand, causing minor injury to the left side of her face. The suspects fled the scene prior to troopers’ arrival, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Police responded to a report of a disorderly mental health patient at the hospital. Upon arrival on-scene, police deescalated the incident and stayed with the patient until he was transferred to a different facility.
- Police received a report of two people who were potentially inside a vacant residence. Upon arrival, police did not locate anyone inside.
- Police responded to a report of a male and female engaged in an argument along South Third Street. Police arrived and allegedly determined the individuals were heavily intoxicated and in supervision of a small child. One person was found to have a warrant and taken into custody. The Children & Youth Services office was contacted in reference to the child. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police assisted Larry The Cable Guy with an escort out of the fairgrounds following his performance at the Clearfield County Fair.
- Police reported that multiple items of drug paraphernalia were located by a Good Samaritan and provided to police for disposal.
- Police received a report about a domestic incident on Anderson Street. Upon arrival, it was found to be verbal in nature.
- Police received a report about several damaged mailboxes at a Swoope Street address. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police reported that an abandoned vehicle was located in the parking lot of Goodman’s Foodliner. The owner was identified and removed the vehicle.
- Police received a report of a burning violation in the area of Ridge Avenue. Contact was made with the property owner and they were advised to desist.
- Police continue to receive reports of unemployment fraud.
- Police received a report of suspicious activity at a George Street residence. Upon arrival on-scene, everything was found secure and in order.
- Police reported an incident of DUI on Meadow Street. During a traffic stop, the driver was suspected of being under the influence of a controlled substance. They were also allegedly in possession of drugs and paraphernalia. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report of a hit-and-run crash in the Dollar General parking lot. The investigation is ongoing.
- Police received a report about a possible trespassing incident at a Locust Street apartment complex. The investigation is ongoing.