House State Government Committee Chairman Seth Grove (R-York) on Thursday released an updated election hearing schedule the committee is undertaking, per a request from Department of State Secretary Kathy Boockvar. The new schedule is as follows:
- Feb. 11: Review of Election Audits.
- Feb. 25: Voter registration.
- March 4: Certification of voting machines.
- March 11: Operation of voting machines with demonstrations.
- March 18: Mail-in and absentee ballots.
- March 25: Contracted vendors.
- April 1: County election day operations and satellite offices.
- April 8: Election integrity and accessibility policies.
- April 15: Overview of how other states conduct elections.
- April 22: Stakeholders.
- April 29: Proposed election legislation and member testimony.
- May 5: Any further election matters.
To hear from Pennsylvanians, Grove will soon announce a means in which residents can submit their comments to the committee on the election process.
“It is vitally important the committee hears from all stakeholders in the election process, whether they be election officials, or voters,” Grove said. “Secretary Boockvar asked for some date changes so she can fully participate in these important hearings. The committee looks forward to continuing to work with all our partners to develop much needed comprehensive reforms to our election laws.”