CLEARFIELD – The Clearfield County Commissioners on Tuesday approved the county’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application for 2019.
Community Development Specialist Lisa Kovalick reported that the county’s total allocation was $263,747. Of that, she said $216,273 will be used to assist the Huston Township Water Authority.
She said the township is losing potable water and under the order of the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to replace its waterlines.
The authority will complete the waterline replacement project in three phases. This funding is for the first phase of the project, according to Kovalick.
She said Clearfield Borough was allocated $112,565 and of that, $92,304 will be used for flood protection, storm sewer and street improvements in the West Side area.
Lastly, Kovalick said Lawrence Township was allocated $127,323 and of that, $104,405 will be used for storm sewer and street improvements in the Kerr Area.
In other business, the commissioners:
- approved an owner county agreement with Central Counties Youth Detention Center for the years 2018-2019.
- approved a software support agreement with Optical Storage Solutions Inc., for the Register & Recorder’s office to provide Landex to the public.
- appointed Marsha Learish and Mary Jones to the Children & Youth Services Advisory Board.
- announced two vacancies on the Curwensville Lake and Solid Waste Authorities and one vacancy on the Planning Commission and Community Action Advisory Board. It was also noted that there will be two vacancies on the county’s Recreation & Tourism Authority at the end of 2019. Individuals should express interest in writing to the commissioners’ office.
- announced the county has a board of directors in the works to support the federal government with the 2020 U.S. Census in Clearfield County. Individuals should express interest in writing to the commissioners’ office.
- approved a purchase of service agreement with Merakey.
- approved the bills as presented by the Controller’s office.
- approved the minutes of the Nov. 12 board meeting.
- announced the 2020 preliminary budget will be presented during a special meeting Tuesday, Nov. 26 at 10 a.m.