State police at Clearfield
- State police reported an incident of DUI that occurred Saturday in the area of Grandview Avenue and Station Street in Curwensville Borough. During the incident, a 28-year-old Uniontown man was allegedly driving under the influence. Charges were filed through the district court.
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred Sunday at the Kwik Fill Gas Station, located on Rolling Stone Road, in Cooper Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole the victim’s cell phone from off the counter while she was outside pumping gas for a customer. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred Saturday in the area of Irvona and Richard roads in Jordan Township. During the incident, someone allegedly threw an object on the victim’s windshield, causing it to break. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- Police were dispatched to a report of an unconscious male on Ogden Avenue. Clearfield emergency personnel also arrived on-scene and transported the male to the hospital.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle crash on South Second Street. Both vehicles sustained minor damage, and the drivers exchanged information.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft on East Market Street. During the incident, someone allegedly stole $120 worth of candy.
- Police were notified of a concerning statement that a student had made. Police made contact with the student and their family. It was found that the student was not serious about the statement.
- Police were dispatched to the hospital for an uncooperative patient. Upon arrival, police were able to calm the patient.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle crash on Weaver Street. Both vehicles sustained moderate damage; however, no injuries were reported.
- Police encountered a wanted male on West Pine Street. He was reportedly under the influence of a controlled substance and in possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Police responded to a noise complaint on Daisy Street. Police made contact with the individuals who agreed to turn down their music.
- Police assisted with a medical call on Nichols Street.
- Police were dispatched to the community pool due to a broken fence.
- Police responded to a reported disturbance on Daisy Street. According to police, a female was acting erratic at a residence. Upon arrival, officers calmed down the female, and she was evaluated by emergency personnel.
- Police reported on a drug-related DUI that occurred Saturday in the Sheetz parking lot along state Route 879 in Lawrence Township. According to police, contact was made with a Clearfield couple, and a strong odor of marijuana was detected inside their vehicle. Upon investigation, the 23-year-old male driver was allegedly found to be under the influence of a controlled substance. In addition, police say a search of the vehicle turned up marijuana and drug paraphernalia that was owned by a 19-year-old passenger. Police transported the driver to the Penn Highlands Hospital for a legal blood draw, then he was released. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a retail theft that occurred Saturday at the Wal-Mart Supercenter, Clearfield. During the incident, a 28-year-old Clearfield woman allegedly failed to pay for merchandise displayed for sale, then returned it. Charges have been filed through the district court.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Friday at Burger King in Clearfield. According to police, a 17-year-old boy said he was punched by an older male while at the restaurant. He said he wasn’t injured, and the male was with a blonde female in a red pick-up truck. The investigation continues and anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Police reported an incident of DUI that occurred Aug. 29 on South Second Street in Lawrence Township. According to police, a vehicle was observed crossing over the centerlines and traveling well below the posted speed limit. During a traffic stop, the male driver from Clearfield admitted to being under the influence, submitted to field sobriety testing and was transported to the hospital for a legal blood draw. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police were contacted in reference to a suspicious male along Filbert Street. However, the male was gone upon police arrival.
- Police responded to a possible “shots fired” call in the area of State and Locust streets. Upon arrival, police were unable to locate anything, and a resident thought it was fireworks.
- Police were requested to assist with locating a missing juvenile after the football game. However, the juvenile was located shortly thereafter.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment on State Street. Upon arrival, it was found that someone possibly placed nails in the parking area of a local business.
- While on routine patrols, police detected a strong chemical odor of flammable nature along Thompson Street. Fire personnel were summoned to the scene, and it was learned that a neighbor had spilled several gallons of gas in the area.