DUBOIS – An Earth Day celebration at Penn State DuBois will feature educational exhibits and programs on topics such as sustainability, clean water and air and more.
The public is invited to attend, free of charge, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 24, in the Multipurpose Building Gymnasium.
The event is sponsored by the Penn State DuBois Collegiate Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation, the Wildlife Society and the Green Team.
Also, to be highlighted are assistive technology devices made to help people with disabilities perform tasks at home and at work.
The devices were designed and constructed in a collaboration between students in the Penn State DuBois Occupational Therapy Assistant and Engineering programs.
Other exhibitors include:
- Advanced Disposal;
- the Anderson Creek Watershed Association;
- Bilger’s Rocks Association;
- Clearfield County Conservation District;
- Clearfield County Solid Waste Authority;
- Down to Earth Garden Club;
- Goodwill Industries;
- Headwaters Resource Conservation & Development Council;
- Highland Park Honey;
- Jefferson County Conservation District;
- Jefferson County Extension Office;
- Jefferson County Solid Waste Authority;
- Master Gardener Cheryl Shenkle, O-I, Penn State Cooperative Extension; and
- Pennsylvania Alliance for Clean Water and Air.
For more information, contact Michele at the campus library at 814-375-4756 or email@example.com.