State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an alleged assault/theft incident that occurred Sunday on North Front Street in Decatur Township. According to state police, a 65-year-old Bellefonte man appeared at the Clearfield Penn Highlands Hospital with “significant facial injuries.” He said he had been assaulted by unknown persons somewhere in the Philipsburg area but was unable to provide an exact location. The man said he recalled walking near the Dollar Tree and then getting a ride to the Clearfield Truck Stop; from there, he was transported by ambulance to the hospital. He also told state police that his wallet had been stolen from him. State police are continuing their investigation, and anyone with information is asked to call 814-857-3800.
- Police received a report from a male who stated he was being harassed by his neighbor.
- Police assisted state parole with two people who were allegedly found in possession of drugs and paraphernalia on East Market Street.
- Police received a report about a male and female causing a disturbance on Nichols Street. Police spoke with the couple about their actions.
- Police received a report about an incident of terroristic threats and harassment by communications. During the incident, a known female allegedly threatened to assault another female via text messages.
- Police responded to a noise complaint at an apartment on Turnpike Avenue. During the incident, a neighbor was reportedly banging on pots and pans.
- Police received information that a male, who had arrest warrants through the county’s Sheriff’s Office, was at a Spruce Street apartment. Police were able to make contact with the male and take him into custody.
- Police reported on a warrant service that occurred during a traffic stop Wednesday at the Sapp Bros. Truck Stop. According to police, while in a stationary position at Snappy’s Convenience Store, officers noticed a 2004 “supercharged” Chevrolet Impala. The driver performed a “burn-out” at the red light in front of officers, then headed toward Interstate 80 at a high rate of speed. Officers were able to catch up to the vehicle and conduct a traffic stop in the Sapp Bros. Truck Stop parking lot. When contact was made with the driver – a 41-year-old Frenchville man identified as Robert Gavlock – he was found to have a suspended license and his vehicle had multiple equipment violations. Police also found the passenger, identified as Joey Lupton, 43, of Clearfield, had an active warrant through the Sheriff’s Office. He was subsequently taken into custody and put in county jail. Gavlock was cited for careless driving, driving under suspension and driving a vehicle with a window tint.