CLEARFIELD – CNB Bank is committed to the communities and businesses it serves, and is a proud supporter of the next generation of business leaders.
The bank invites eligible students to enhance their business education by participating in its annual scholarship contest.
One winner from each eligible school will receive a $500 scholarship to be used for continuing business education.
High School graduating seniors with intentions to further their education at a college or university seeking a business-related degree.
Student must attend a high school in the CNB Bank market area. Dependents of directors or officers of CNB Bank are not eligible to apply.
Throughout your time as a student, you have studied history. This has included “learning about influential persons, new technologies and other advancements that led us to where we are today.”
Additionally, the future holds so many possibilities.
Knowing what you do about the past and that the future is a blank slate would you choose to spend one year in the past or one year in the future? What year would you choose and why?
- A minimum of 300 words
- Typed and double-spaced
- Participant name and or family names should not appear on the essay
Along with the essay, applicants should provide:
- A brief summary of participation in community and school activities.
- One letter of recommendation from a present or past educator.
- One non-family reference that can provide personal insight into the applicant.
Ways to Submit
- Complete the following applicant form and turn into your high school’s guidance office along with essay and letter of recommendation by March 15. Please feel free to e-mail the submissions or mail to: CNB Bank, Attn: Erin McGarry, P.O. Box 42, Clearfield, PA 16830.
- Or Complete the online applicant form and upload your essay and letter of recommendation at https://www.CNBBank.bank/scholarship by 11:59 p.m. on March 17.
Essays will be judged on originality and how well ideas are expressed. Contributions to both school and community will be considered, as well as educator recommendation and personal reference checks.
Applicant form, essay and letter of recommendation must be received by 11:59 p.m. March 17. Winners will be announced on March 29.
For more information, please contact Erin McGarry by calling 814-290-6016 or e-mail Erin.McGarry@CNBBank.bank.