DUBOIS – An electrical overheating sparked a DuBois house fire at 11:45 p.m. Monday at 2 Arminta St., reported Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal Greg Agosti.
When the fire broke out, two teens were asleep while a 72-year-old woman was watching television. The fire was discovered when the television stopped working, according to Agosti.
Agosti said the woman and 16-year-old escaped onto a porch roof from the second-floor window. There, they were rescued by firefighters.
He said that the 15-year-old jumped from the second-floor window and sustained minor injury.
Agosti found the fire originated on the first floor from an electrical overheating. He said the home didn’t have any operational smoke detectors and damage was about $85,000.