Join Captain Sue Paterno and Nittany Greats to Celebrate the Penn State Legacy
When is a cruise not just a cruise? The answer is when the cruise is a reunion for Penn State University Blue and White players, alumni and fans headed to the Bahamas.
The Happy Valley Charter Cruise, scheduled for a March 4-8, 2019 departure, will be the greatest tailgate party of all time for Penn State alumni, life-long enthusiasts and past Penn State superstars from all sports.
A portion of every booking will benefit Special Olympics Pennsylvania, an organization serving over 18,000 children and adults with intellectual disabilities across the Commonwealth.
March of 2019 will be the maiden voyage of the first-ever Happy Valley Cruise, an opportunity to vacation with your favorite Nittany legends, aboard the Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas.
Passengers will be treated to four days and four nights of mingling with their favorite superstars from the past.
Confirmed Nittany Legends include the following: Franco Harris, Jay Paterno, Ki-Jana Carter, Blair Thomas, Brandon Short, Russ Rose, Marco Rivera, Jeff Hartings, Michael Robinson, Brian Masella, Tommy Wareham, Kyle Brady and more.
Each day of the cruise will be dedicated to spectacular moments in Penn State history, including the 1994 Undefeated Season.
Sue Paterno has been a Special Olympics Pennsylvania (SOPA) board member for nearly 25 years, and she is currently the co-chair for SOPA’s $4 million major gifts campaign, which aims to help the organization reach thousands more athletes and volunteers over the next three years.
“The Buckeye Cruise is a huge Charter Cruise to benefit cancer research that is led by Ohio State alumni and friends,” said Paterno.
“So when I heard about the opportunity to do a similar offering with Penn State to benefit Special Olympics PA, I was thrilled. Now we can challenge Ohio State on the field and out at sea!”
For more information, or to book the cruise, visit www.HappyValleyCruise.com or call 1-800-242-8076.
Schedule of Events:
- Monday, March 4, 2019 – Sail from Port Canaveral. Embarkation starts at 11 a.m.; Happy Valley Cruise sails from Port Canaveral, Fla., at 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019 – “Paternoville” CocoCay Island. Today we celebrate Russ Rose and the Penn State Women’s Volleyball Team along with our 82 and 86 Penn State Football Champions.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019 – Nassau and Paradise Island. Dock in Nassau at 8 a.m. – departs Nassau 9 p.m. Today we celebrate the 94 Championship team. Watch all of the games on-board in your cabin or on the big screen at the pool. Chose one of our exciting Happy Valley Cruise Shore Excursions planned with Nittany alumni and fans in mind.
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 – Joe Paterno Day at Sea! Today we celebrate Joe Paterno.
- Friday, March 8, 2019 – Disembark the Enchantment of the Seas (7 a.m.)
**Schedule subject to change.
This maiden voyage of the Happy Valley Cruise also coincides with SOPA’s 50th anniversary of Summer Games at Penn State University from June 6-8, 2019. For the past 32 years, the games have been held in State College.
The event brings together over 2,200 athletes and 750 coaches from across the state. The largest event of the year, Summer Games features three days of intense competition in aquatics, athletics, basketball, bowling, equestrian, golf, gymnastics, softball and tennis.
About Special Olympics Pennsylvania
Special Olympics Pennsylvania provides year-round training and competition in 21 Olympic-type sports to nearly 18,000 children and adults with intellectual disabilities or closely related developmental disabilities.
For more information about how you can help “Reveal the Champion Inside” thousands of Special Olympics athletes, visit www.specialolympicspa.org.