CLEARFIELD – A Veterans Expo & Career Fair will be held for a second year, announced Betina Nicklas, Veterans’ Affairs director at Tuesday’s Clearfield County Commissioners’ meeting.
The expo will be held from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Oct. 16 at the Expo I Building at the Clearfield County Fairgrounds. It’s for veterans, along with their families and friends.
Nicklas said the expo will feature employers and local businesses, colleges and universities, VA healthcare and benefits representatives, etc., and she already has at least 50 vendors.
She said veterans should come with their resumes and DD214s. She added they can also get their flu shot during a clinic, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., with a valid VA identification card or DD214.
In other business, the commissioners:
- approved the 2019-2020 RASA/VOJO state grant application at the request of Victim/Witness Coordinator Margie Rosselli.
- approved the U.S. Department of Homeland Security grant agreement at the request of Emergency Services Director Joe Bigar.
- approved lease agreements for several polling places.
- approved a purchase of service agreement with Jefferson County Children & Youth Services.
- approved amendments to purchase of service agreements with Pathways Adolescent Center and Lifespan Family Services.
- announced an opening on the Central Pennsylvania Community Action Advisory Board due to the resignation of Joe Mitchell. Any interested persons should e-mail or send a letter of interest to the county commissioners.
- approved the bills as presented by the Controller’s Office.
- approved two new hires, including: Sara Theodorous, Law Clark/Courts, effective Sept. 28, and Trudy Lumadue, temporary part-time Assistant District Attorney/DA’s Office, effective Sept. 10.
- approved two employee transfers, including: Kelsey Vitullo, Caseworker/Children & Youth Services to Casework Supervisor/CYS, effective Sept. 10, and Michael Horton, part-time Telecommunicator/911 to full-time Telecommunicator/911, effective Sept. 17.
- approved two employee separations/retirements, including: Tina Poole, caseworker/CYS, effective Sept. 28, and Carly Loomis-Gustafson, Law Clerk/Courts, effective Sept. 28.