State police at Clearfield
- State police reported an incident of DUI that occurred Wednesday on Greenwood Road in Pine Township. According to state police, a vehicle operated by a Curwensville man became stuck in a snow bank after exiting the roadway. Upon further investigation, it was found that he’d driven after allegedly consuming a sufficient amount of alcohol. Charges were filed through the district court.
- State police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred sometime between Jan. 4 and Wednesday on Heverly Boulevard in Beccaria Township. During the incident, someone allegedly took approximately 200 gallons of heating oil belonging to the victim. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred between Dec. 19 and Dec. 22 on South Centre Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, someone allegedly stole the victim’s Oxycodone pills.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Jan. 16 in the 1100 block of Dix Run Road in Union Township. During the incident, the victim received a suspicious/threatening phone call from a private number. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police investigated a case of aggravated indecent assault that occurred between Jan. 1 and June 20 of 2017 in Summerville Borough. A three-year-old girl was allegedly to physical contact that was sexual in nature. State police have charged David P. Pierce, 32, of Summerville aggravated indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor, corruption of minors and indecent assault. State police took Pierce into custody Thursday in St. Marys, and he was lodged in the Jefferson County Jail. His bail was set at $60,000 straight.
State police at Ridgway
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Wednesday on Shawmut Road. During the incident, a female allegedly parked her vehicle outside the victim’s house and walked around it with a broom.
- Police reported on a drug incident, which resulted in a warrant service, Friday in the area of Sheetz in Lawrence Township. According to the report, police conducted a vehicle stop for a traffic violation. Upon making contact with an occupant, it was determined he was wanted through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office. He was taken into custody, at which time he was allegedly found in possession of drug paraphernalia. He was taken to county jail and housed on the warrant. Police intend to file charges for the drug violation; the driver was also cited for several traffic violations.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications that occurred Thursday in the Clearfield area. During the incident, a male allegedly threatened to cause damage to the victim’s vehicle and other property.
- Police received a report about the transmission of a sexually explicit image by a minor Thursday in the Clearfield/Hyde area. During the incident, a juvenile male allegedly sent an explicit image of himself to a juvenile female on Facebook messenger. He was cited for the incident as a result.
- Police reported on a DUI/drug incident that occurred Wednesday on Montgomery Run Road in Lawrence Township. According to the report, police responded for a suspicious vehicle occupied by two males. It was outside the caller’s house and the driver was doing donuts. Upon arrival, police located the described vehicle as it was traveling by their patrol unit on Montgomery Run Road. Police conducted a U-turn in an attempt to catch up. At this point, the vehicle pulled off at a residence, and a passenger exited quickly and was observed running near residences. Upon investigation, the driver was allegedly found in possession of controlled substances and taken into custody for DUI. Police located the passenger near the rear of a residence and housed him in county jail on a probation violation.
- On Wednesday a 22-year-old New York man lost control of his vehicle. He backed down a driveway on South Main Street and into a culvert. The vehicle was towed out and able to be driven from the scene. No injuries were reported to police.
- On Wednesday a 57-year-old South Carolina man hit and damaged a light pole at Snappy’s Convenience Store with his tractor-trailer. No injuries were reported to police.
- Police received a report about a false alarm at Red Lobster on Thursday.
- On Thursday a 53-year-old Treasure Lake man was found with his head down on the steering wheel of his vehicle that had exited the roadway and ended up in a ditch. He was transported to Penn Highlands via ambulance for an evaluation. Alcohol was possibly a contributing factor, police say, and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- On Thursday a Behringer Highway resident reported to police that two suspicious males came to his house. They reportedly attempted to distract him and sell him hand sanitizer.
- On Thursday a DuBois man lost control of his vehicle while traveling on Cain Road. This caused it to travel off the roadway and into a ditch. Property damage and no injuries were reported as a result.