Headwaters Charitable Trust is a non-profit organization that promotes a green economy through jobs, restoration and partnerships.
The organization’s vision is to increase the quality of life of rural communities through investments that encourage families to live, work and play in the region.
Headwaters Charitable Trust found a need in the local jails for library enhancement. This allows the inmates to stay well-read for when they are released.
“The book drive is for helping the inmates in our local jails. All the books are required to be paperback,” organizers say. “We are looking for all genres of books: fiction, non-fiction, technical, educational and more.”
On Dec. 8, the books will be picked up to be delivered. Organizers say the books would make for nice presents for inmates to receive around the holidays.
There are several drop-off locations that the books can be taken to and they are as follows:
- The Family Dollar, Weedville, 18429 Bennetts Valley Hwy.
- Save-A-Lot, St. Marys, 398 Brusselles St.
- Northwest Bank, Johnsonburg, 410 Wilcox Rd.
- Work Force Solutions, Kersey, 425 Old Kersey Rd.
- Martino’s Bi-Lo, Brockway, 1200 Main St.
- Shop ’n Save, Punxsutawney, 201 Hampton Ave.
- Mike’s Super Market, Brookville, 53 W. Taylor St.
- Dollar General, Ridgway, 249 Main St.