BROOKVILLE – The Pennsylvania Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau has announced its fourth annual Big Fish Contest, which runs April through June.
There’s no shortage of great places to cast a line in the PA Great Outdoors, including two nationally designated Wild and Scenic Rivers, organizers say.
Everyone is invited to enter photos of their catch, from Clarion, Jefferson, Elk, Forest and Cameron counties, by using the submission form on the PA Great Outdoors Big Fish Contest page.
Entries will be posted on the PA Great Outdoors Facebook page in the Big Fish Contest album.
Everyone who submits a photo will be entered to win the following prizes each month:
- Canoe/Kayak trip from Pale Whale Canoe Fleet, Cook Forest
- Canoe/Kayak trip from Country Squirrel Outfitters, Ridgway
- Gift certificate from Jim’s Sports Center, Clearfield
- Gift certificate from Benezette Hotel, Benezette
- Movie passes from Elk Country Visitor Center, Benezette
- Passes to the Double Diamond Deer Ranch, Cook Forest
- Mini-golf from Kalyumet Fore Fun, Cook Forest
- Passes to Weather Discovery Center, Punxsutawney
- Ice cream treats from Cooksburg Cafe, Cook Forest
Photos will be posted weekly, and everyone is encouraged to vote for their favorite fishing photo at the end of the month by liking the photo on PA Great Outdoors Facebook page.
The monthly winner will be the photo that has received the most likes, and the grand prize winner will be drawn at random from all entries.
This year’s grand prize winner will receive a guided, half-day fly-fishing float trip for two in 2018 with Keystone Predator Outfitters and Todd Deluccia, the 2014 Musky Fly Fishing World Champion.
For more information, or to enter the contest go to VisitPAGO.com/BigFish.