State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a trespass incident that occurred Monday on Fernwood Road in Gulich Township. During the incident, two people allegedly trespassed on the victim’s property. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- State police received a report about a theft incident that occurred Tuesday at an Old Route 322 residence in Decatur Township. During the incident, someone allegedly removed $60 from the victim’s residence before fleeing the scene. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at Ridgway
- State police reported a natural death Tuesday in a wooded area on Forest Route 134B off of Maple Run Road in Highland Township. Upon troopers’ arrival, members of the Highland Township Fire Department and emergency personnel were on scene, and they were able to confirm the deceased male’s identity as James S. Bacho Jr. Upon further investigation, troopers determined Bacho had died from natural causes while hunting, and he was pronounced dead at the scene by Elk County Deputy Coroner Frank Ferragine.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle accident in the area of the Route 879 bypass. According to police, it appears a motorist lost control of their vehicle but didn’t strike any vehicles or objects. Police say there weren’t any injuries as a result of the mishap, and the vehicle was driven from the scene.
- Police received a report about an alleged retail theft that occurred at the Wal-Mart Supercenter. Police say it remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about an alleged child abuse/neglect incident in the area of Poplar Avenue.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with a fall patient.