State police at Clearfield
- State police reported an incident of criminal coercion Tuesday on Pleasant Valley Road in Bradford Township. During the incident, the victim’s Facebook page was compromised by an unknown person. The person allegedly posted an obscene video of the victim and asked for money to be sent to have it removed from the page. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- State police reported an incident of criminal mischief Aug. 13 on the Curwensville-Grampian Highway in Pike Township. During the incident, someone allegedly damaged the driver’s side rear window in the victim’s vehicle. Damage is estimated at $150, state police said. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police reported a dog law violation Monday on Stahls Lane Extension in Taylor Township. During the incident, the victim was operating his motorcycle when he was bitten by a dog, state police said.
- State police reported a DUI incident Tuesday on Interstate 99 in College Township. Further, a Philipsburg man was suspected of operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. He was also observed speeding at 74 miles per hour in a 55-mph zone. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police reported an alleged theft of a GPS unit from a motor vehicle Sunday or Monday on Maple Street in Burnside Borough. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Punxsutawney at 814-938-0510.
State police at Ridgway
- State police reported the ongoing investigation into the death of a Kersey man Tuesday in Fox Township. No suspicious circumstances exist, and the death appears to be from natural causes, state police said.
- Police responded to North Fourth Street for a report about an incident of disorderly conduct. People were reportedly outside making excessive noise. However, police responded and could not locate them.
- Police responded to Daisy Street for a minor vehicle accident. No injuries were reported as a result, and both vehicles were able to be driven from the scene, police said.
- Police were called about a found dog along Apple Street. The dog was returned to the owner, police said.
- Police assisted a motorist along Chester Street who had locked their keys inside of their vehicle.
- Police responded to East Market Street for a verbal altercation between a male and female. Further, police were able to handle the situation at the scene.
- Police responded to Woodland Road for a person who was walking down the middle of the roadway. Police were unable to locate anyone in the area.
- Police responded to an altercation along East Locust Street.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of disorderly conduct that occurred on Valley View Drive.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity that occurred at a business in Golden Rod.
- Police received a report about an abandoned vehicle on Hill Street Extension.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of theft from a township resident on Montgomery Run Road.
- Police received a report about a gas leak at Sheetz on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway.
- Police received a report about a traffic hazard on the Rockton Mountain Highway.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment.
- Police received a report about the alleged theft of a bicycle from the Plymptonville area.
- Police received a report about a possible mental health issue. Further, police located the male in Clearfield Borough and he was served a mental health warrant. He was then taken to the hospital for an evaluation.
- Police received a report about a large party in the Hillsdale area. Upon arrival police were unable to locate a party in the area.
- Police received a report about a traffic complaint that occurred along Route 879.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of disorderly conduct from a business in the Clearfield Mall.
- Police received several reports about alleged incidents of disorderly conduct that occurred at a local motel.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a male on Clarendon Avenue. Police were assisted by emergency personnel due to the male having a medical emergency.
- Clearfield Borough police were assisted with an incident on South Second Street.
- Police responded to McDonald’s on South Second Street for a male who was being disorderly. It was handled by police at the scene.
- Police were called to the 100 block of West Long Avenue on Monday for a report about an abandoned mountain bike. Officers took the bicycle for safe keeping until the owner can be located.
- On Monday police reported that a 27-year-old DuBois man was arrested for disorderly conduct. Further, he was allegedly involved in an altercation with a man in front of Giant Eagle on North Main Street.
- On Monday police reported that two American flags were stolen from two, separate residences in the 400 block of Pifer Street. Police are investigating the incidents at this time.
- On Tuesday police arrested a 32-year-old Stump Creek woman, who was at a residence in the first block of North Church Street, on a warrant out of Clearfield County. She was turned over to the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office and transported to jail.
- On Tuesday police reported that someone allegedly stole prescription medications and a wallet from a residence in the 400 block of South Main Street. There wasn’t any forced entry, police noted in the report. Police are investigating the incident at this time.
- On Tuesday police reported that an alarm was activated at the Rossi building located in the first block of West Long Avenue. Officers located an open door and cleared the building.
- Police reported a false alarm at a Treasure Lake residence on Monday.
- On Monday Treasure Lake Security turned over a license plate that was found near the fire hall. Officers returned the plate to the owner.
- A 26-year-old man reported to police Monday that he had lost his wallet at the Snappy’s Convenience Store when he got gas. The wallet was later found along the roadway with the cash missing; it was returned to the rightful owner, police said.
- Police picked up a Pitbull that was running loose on Hanes Drive on Monday.
- Police reported a false alarm at Window World on Tuesday.
- A 47-year-old Treasure Lake woman reported to police that while her car was parked at Wal-Mart on Tuesday, it was hit and damaged. The suspect vehicle fled the scene afterward, police said.
- A 46-year-old Dixon Avenue man reported to police Tuesday that someone flattened the tires on his vehicle and wrote on the windows with what appeared to be a crayon.