State Police at Clearfield
- Police are investigating a case of lost or stolen property. According to the report, a Thompson Arms contender barrel was found along the roadway along SR 453 in Bigler Township. The owner of the barrel can contact state police at 857-3800.
- Officers were dispatched to North Brady Street for a reported hit and run accident. The vehicle owner stated that she was parked at another business earlier in the morning and when she returned to the vehicle it had been damaged. Officer’s checked the other business lot for possible cameras on the building but there were none.
- Officers were dispatched to the intersection of North Brady Street and East Park Avenue for a two vehicle crash. A DuFast transit bus was stopped on East Park Avenue for a red light when it was struck from behind by another vehicle. Three passengers on the bus reported injuries and were transported to Penn Highlands Hospital for treatment. The driver of the second vehicle was not injured. Both vehicles sustained minor damage and were driven from the scene. Officers were assisted at the scene by the DuBois City Fire Department and DuSan Ambulance.
- Officers were notified that a passenger on the bus involved in the crash had a warrant out of York County. Thomas Seaman was taken into custody after being treated for injuries and transported to the Clearfield County Jail, where he will be housed until York County officials take custody.
- Officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Spring Avenue for a domestic disturbance. Officer’s made contact with a female and two children upon arrival. The female stated that she was having a verbal argument with her boyfriend who ran from the residence prior to our arrival. Both parties had been drinking prior to the argument. The male was located in the Rumbarger Cemetery waiting for a ride home. The male stated that it was just a argument and that he is loud. Officer’s cleared without further residence.
- Police handled a harassment by communication call. The victim was getting harassing text messages and phone calls at his residence on East Long Ave. from an unknown male. Police made contact with the unknown male and advised him to stop texting and harassing the victim. No further actions required.
- Police responded to the 300 block of West Long Ave. for a report of a domestic disturbance. When police arrived on scene they could hear a female yelling and swearing from inside the building. Police made contact with the female and two males at this location. One of the male decided to leave the location as the other two were going to stay at the residence. After being told to keep the noise down the female refused to keep the noise down. The female was advised if she continued she would be cited for Disorderly Conduct. As Police left the residence they could hear the female still yelling and swearing outside the residence on the street. Police made contact with the female again and told her to stop again. Police did issue the DuBois female a citation for Disorderly Conduct.
- Officers responded to an alarm at DuBois Drug and Wellness. Upon investigation it was found that after cutting electrical and cable wires going into the business, someone broke the lock on the front door to gain entry. The suspects fled the scene when the alarm sounded. Investigation continues.
- A 20 year old DuBois woman was stopped in traffic when she got distracted and thought traffic began to move again and she hit the vehicle in front of her. No injuries and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Treasure Lake Security reported that someone took the “No Motorcycles Allowed” sign that was posted at the back gate.
- Sears employees reported an intoxicated woman was causing a disturbance in the store. The woman had fled the scene prior to officers’ arrival
- A 911 hang up call was received from an Arminta Street residence. Upon investigation it was determined to accidental.
- Employees of the Friendly Tavern reported a man causing a disturbance in the bar, attempting to start fights with other patrons. When he was asked to leave, he refused until employees called the police. The man fled prior to police arrival.
- A 26 year old W. Scribner Ave. man has been charged with public drunkenness after police witnessed him stumbling along S. Brady Street, walking into a parked car, then nearly stumbling into traffic.
- Police responded to a false alarm at Rite Aid.
- Police received a report of a traffic hazard on Joseph Road and Pleasant Lane due to excessive water from the storm.
- Police responded to a report of a neighbor dispute on Robinson Avenue.
- Police received a report of a theft.
- Police attempted to locate a vehicle for PSP that was involved in an incident in another jurisdiction.
- Police received an animal complaint on South Second Street regarding a dog locked inside a vehicle.
- Police received a complaint of a dog locked inside a vehicle at Walmart
- Police investigated a one vehicle accident on Dairy Lane. The driver of a vehicle struck an embankment and was uninjured.
- Police responded to a traffic complaint in the Hillsdale area.
- Police were called to the Clearfield Hospital to investigate an assault. The victim did not was to press charges.
- Police received a report of a stolen bicycle in Hyde. Anyone with information is asked to contact police.