HARRISBURG – Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker have announced a good-natured wager on the outcome of Sunday’s Super Bowl matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers in Dallas.
The governors agreed to a two-part wager that will be fun and help charity at the same time. Both governors will participate in the “Coke Cheers” promotion that will donate $25,000 to the Boys and Girls Clubs in Green Bay and in Pittsburgh.
“Coke Cheers” is a nationwide promotion aimed at supporting the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. The public can visit www.cokecheers.com to vote for their favorite team. Each vote – or cheer – equals a $1 donation by Coca-Cola to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. The governors are challenging each other to get their fans out to generate the 10,000 cheers needed to qualify for the $25,000 in each city.
If the Steelers lose, Governor Corbett will attend the check presentation in Pittsburgh wearing Packers’ gear. Should the Packers lose, Governor Walker will attend the check presentation in Green Bay wearing Steelers’ gear.
To up the ante, the governors also are wagering a traditional basket of products made in their states. If the Packers win, Corbett will send Walker a basket filled with made-in-PA products that will include:
- · Eat’N Park Smiley Face Cookies; Black and Gold Steelers Colors
- · Penn Pilsner Beer
- · Sarris Candies
- · Asher’s Chocolates
- · Seltzer’s Double Smoked Meat
- · Bachman’s Snacks
- · PA Mushrooms, Apples, Honey and Maple Syrup
- · Hammond’s Hard Pretzels
- · Miller’s Mustard
- · Wolfgang Chocolate
- · Maser Pantry Jelly & Jam
- · Kelchner’s Hot Mustard
- · PA Wine
- · Boyd and Blair Vodka
- · Heinz Ketchup
Many of the products in the wager basket are PA Preferred Products. PA Preferred is the Department of Agriculture’s branding program that helps consumers easily identify Pennsylvania-made products through the program’s logo, which is a gold checkmark in a blue keystone. For more information about PA Preferred, visit www.papreferred.com.
If the Steelers prevail, Governor Walker will send Corbett:
- · Extra Aged Pleasant Ridge Reserve Cheese
- · Rehorst Premium Milwaukee Vodka
- · Roaring Dan’s Maple Flavored Rum
- · Frozen Tundra Wine
- · Tundra Red Wine
- · 3-pound chocolate football, hollowed out and filled with handmade chocolates
- · One pair of Koss headphones
- · Beer ‘n Brat Horseradish Mustard.
- · Whole Grain Mustard
- · Sassy Horseradish Sauce Prepared Cocktail Sauce
- · Bottle of Peninsula Red Wine
- · Bottle of Peninsula White Wine
Corbett — a lifelong Steelers fan — is predicting the Steelers will win the big game by a score of 31-28.
“I’m looking forward to a great game and watching my team take home the Vince Lombardi trophy for the seventh time,” said Corbett.